Arrivals: How do you monitor your rights to human resources from abroad?

Between 2 and 2.5 million French people work abroad, according to figures available on the website. If you are a French expatriate worker, know that you can monitor your HR rights from the outside. and how?

What is an immigrant worker?

Any French employee working abroad is considered an expatriate worker. Thus, this situation primarily concerns workers whose workplace is outside French territory. If your employer hires you abroad for a period of at least 3 months, you also benefit from expatriate employee status. It is essential to be well informed about HR news.

While it is true that an incoming employee is not obligated to comply or follow the requirements of his previous company, he can still benefit from the social rights inherent in his status. It is not permissible to confuse the situation of the expatriate employee with the condition of the seconded or seconded employee. The contractual framework changes depending on the situation.

The first scenario is an employee who is hired by a French company acting on behalf of a company based abroad. This scenario raises the possibility of termination or suspension of the contract previously signed with the French employer. After that, a new contract can be created between the two parties.

As an expatriate worker, you can monitor your rights by compiling HR news on sites dedicated to this issue. You can also find information on the government website for expatriate employees.

What organization should be contacted to monitor human resource rights?

The French Nationals Overseas Trust is your main intermediary if you get a job abroad. In principle, you should contribute to retirement savings in the country in which you practice. However, a voluntary contribution to a French pension is possible. To support you in this choice, the Pension and Occupational Health Insurance Fund (Corsat) is at your disposal.

If you wish to receive an additional pension, contact the Expatriate Retirement Fund (CRE). If you are an employee seconded abroad, you may lose your rights despite your affiliation with the French Nationals Living Abroad. To prevent such inconvenience, it is necessary to enter the periods of your activity outside in your individual statement of situation.

For those 55 years of age or older, the possibility to perform these procedures online exists. All you have to do is go to the retirement insurance website and then access your personal space. Failing that, log into the Retirement Information website and click the My Retirement Account tab.

Other scenarios include providing Corsat with information regarding your period of employment abroad. If the expatriation takes place in a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA), the steps taken are the responsibility of the Courses. The goal: to have all the information about your period of activity abroad to integrate into your career in France.

Organize and track your HR profile

The importance of a company’s HR newsfeed is well established. Although it is not a legal obligation, an employee HR file is a tool that promotes good HR management. Among the items in this file are the documents submitted by the employee at the time of recruitment, which are:

  • Single Profile
  • Address proof
  • A copy of a valid biometric card
  • Identity proof
  • Copies of diplomas
  • etc.

There are also documents that are used to manage human resources:

  • Children’s birth certificates or school certificates
  • Marriage certificate for both spouses
  • Copy of certificates or training certificates
  • Training records
  • Renewal of residence permits
  • Disability Notice
  • medical certificates

The information in your employee file is known to be sensitive and confidential, relating to your personal identity. Aside from your employer and HR manager, the only person authorized to consult your profile is you.

Leave a Comment