Everywhere in France, more than 7,000 events in 1,900 venues proposed by several thousand volunteer organizers will take place from Wednesday 18 to Sunday May 22. This 16th edition of the event promises to be exceptional in quantity, enough to turn green just a few weeks before summer.
Thus, from May 18 to 22, nature lovers invite the public to share in moments of discovery, wonder, coexistence and happiness in nature! As such, the themes highlighted this year are numerous!
Participants will have the opportunity to visit the garden of their neighbors, to experience the nocturnal world, but also to get to know better nature in the cityEspecially to celebrate the fortieth anniversary Nature Reserve Network. But that’s not all, because on the sidelines of the organized visits, the public will also find many events and activities such as a digital treasure hunt, participation in atlas Community biodiversity, or associated nature and citizenship through a partnership established with the Department of Prisons and the Ministry of Justice.
>> Read also: Occitanie: Call for Nature Festival projects has been launched
330 participating locations in Occitanie
What is certain is that there is something for everyone. If more than 7000 events are organized during these 4 days through France,Occitanie It lacks more than 330 activities Organized on its territory, something that delights lovers of the seas and mountains. As examples, here is part of the program that was organized during the festivities.
- Like a fish in the water : After following a fun workshop showcasing the biodiversity of the lake, you will need to equip yourself with diving suits, fins, masks and snorkels to immerse yourself in the mysterious and unknown waters of the lake. May 22, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., in Barcaris (66) organized by the Pyrenees Orientale Provincial Council.
- Walk with bivouac in the heart of a nature reserve On the occasion of the 40th anniversary of the founding of the Network of Nature Reserves, La Frênette offers high mountain living, under the supervision of professional guides, over two days, with temporary stays under the stars to discover the animals and fauna. Native plants in the heart of the nature reserve. May 21-22, 3pm to 10am, in Olón (65) by La Frênette Association, director of the Olón Regional Nature Reserve.
- Knowing, protecting and welcoming biodiversity at home In the heart of the Natura 2000 site in Gorges de l’Aveyron, near Causses and the Vère Valley, this small park does its best to accommodate a variety of animals and plants. Serving at the same time as a stopover, refuge and place for breeding and food. May 22, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., in Bruniquel (82), by Le petit paradis de Ferrières.
- Discover cave animals : The Clamouse cave team proposes to discover the peculiarities of the inhabitants of the underground world during a workshop that lasts for 1 hour and 15 minutes. May 21-22, from 2 pm to 4 pm, in Saint-Jean-de-Vous (34), near the tourist office of St-Guilhem-Le-Désert Vallée de l’Hérault.
- Marine reserve by catamaran : An unusual way to discover the marine reserve is by sailing on a cruise ship to discover the masterpieces of the marine environment and the tasks of the nature reserve. May 22, 9:30 a.m. and 2 p.m., in Port-Vendres (66), next to the Pyrenees-Orientales department.
- 1001 Lives of Lez : As part of the community biodiversity atlas, a 2-hour activity exploring the fauna and flora of Lez, which is home to many species of animals and plants… Snakes, frogs, dragonflies and of course Lez sculpin will be there for this outing. May 18, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., in Prades-le-Lez (34), by the municipality of Prades-le-Lez.
- Birds of prey in the heart of the night shriek, whistle, meow : Open your ears wide! And try to open your eyes as wide as those of the nocturnal birds of prey to discover the wonderful life of these birds. This outing will be a chance to meet them, get to know them, and learn how to protect them better! May 20, 8 p.m. to 10 p.m., at Berduis (32), next to the commune community Astarac Arros in Gascony.
- Insect pollination : The public is invited to contribute to the SPIPOLL (Photographic Monitoring of Pollinating Insects) programme. May 22, at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., in Bolhach (31), by the Haute-Garonne Provincial Council and the Bozet Forest Biodiversity Center
- The arid lands are rich : A guided tour of this atypical natural space, a hot spot for houbara conservation in France that is the subject of a multi-partner agro-ecological program that aims to restore arid lands through the establishment of breeders of sheep, making it possible to maintain open natural environments favorable to the Canepeter Houbara And many other types of agricultural plains animals. From May 20 to 21, from 5 pm to 8 pm, in Bisan (34), next to the Herault Mediterranee district.
- the functioning of the senses An outing to celebrate nature and discover plants through the senses. May 22, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., in Mézerville (11), by Aude Environmental Education Group.
>> Note that the entire program can be found on the Nature Days website